Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:34:52 +0100
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
To:        Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VMware 3 on FreeBSD?

--rS8CxjVDS/+yyDmU

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 02:30:54PM +0200, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> sent this to -questions a week ago, got no response, so I'm asking
> again here: is it possible to run VMware 3 on -STABLE? If so, how?
> I noticed there is no port like there is for VMware 2, so that's
> why I'm asking.
>=20

It's possible, but as far as I know no-one's unravelled the vmware3
install script yet.  The vmware3 binary run, but complains that
it's not got a valid configuration file.  That file I believe is
written by the install script which is a shell script that knows
about all things linux, but about no things FreeBSD.

If you'd like to work on this please get in touch with me off list.

Joe
--=20
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain;
and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert
Einstein, 1921

--rS8CxjVDS/+yyDmU

--rS8CxjVDS/+yyDmU--