Date:      Sat, 21 Dec 2002 18:14:20 -0500
From:      Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Voodoo Graphics Cards

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 07:28:46PM +0000, Steve Hodgson wrote:
> I have been trying to find out if a 3dfx voodoo 3500 AGP is compatible
> with FreeBSD 4.7.  I have managed to everything up to a successful GUI
> -free login.  I checked out the various web resources and usenet with
> no success.  My FreeBSD book (FreeBSd Unleashed) doesn't list the card
> in the supported hardware.

I have had no trouble with a Voodoo5, using X's voodoo3 driver (tdfx).
If you use xf86config it's number 530 (I just saved you a bit of
scrolling.)  :) =20

I did have trouble with FreeBSD and X at one time on one box, but the
issue was the Asus Motherboard--this was fixed, however, back in April.=20

So I would suspect that you'd have no trouble.

--=20

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Willow: The only solution is the final solution.
Xander: Nuke the school? I like that.
Willow: Not quite. Exorcism.
Cordelia: Are you crazy? I saw that movie. Even the priest died.

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY--