Date:      Tue, 04 May 2010 00:59:27 -0500
From:      Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
Cc:        x11@FreeBSD.org, Martin Wilke <miwi@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: [HEADS UP] Xorg 7.5 merge comming tomorrow.

Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2010-May-03 09:56:15 -0500, Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>>> To re-iterate, on a RV380 with dual screens laid out side-by-side,
>>> moving a window into the RH screen causes corruption of both screens.
>>> The RH screen updating is also far slower then the LH screen (which
>>> seems fairly normal).
>> Is all of this configured using randr?  With randr, both displays are a
>> single framebuffer, so from a performance perspective, there is no
>> difference in the displays.  The other part of your issue sounds like
>> possibly an exceeded texture limit, or mismapping somehow.
>
> No, all configuration uses xorg.conf (see attached).  I agree that
> the performance difference doesn't make sense but if I start a
> default startx (which gives me 3 xterms and twm) then moving the
> windows around the LH screen appears normal.  When I move a window
> onto the RH screen, updates are very noticably laggy and leave
> shadows.  I have an identical system running Xorg 7.4 on FreeBSD 7.2
> which behaves normally so this is a regression in Xorg 7.5.

Hrm, do bad things happen before a pixel crosses vertical 2048?  It
looks like you have 2 1280x1024 displays and a virtual framebuffer 2560
pixels wide.  I'm wondering if the issue occurs as soon as the window
starts onto the second display, or if it has to go past 2048 before the
problem appears.

robert.