Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 2015 11:47:48 -0700
From:      Collin Forbes <collin.forbes@gmail.com>
To:        Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-cloud@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: EC2 AMIs will be available from snapshot builds

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 06:34:24PM +0000, Steve Wills wrote:

> I tried both the ami-67866a0c and ami-ccb6a7a4, but while both came up and
> passed both the status checks according to Amazon, I couldn't ssh into either.
> The system log reported "Fetching EC2 user-data failed." at the end.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

I was seeing this with ami-53fcb763 over the weekend. That one isn't a
even a snapshot release. It's the AMI for FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE for current
generation instances on us-west-2. I was trying to use t2.small and
t2.medium instances and had the same behavior.

--
Collin Forbes    collin.forbes@gmail.com