Date:      Fri, 28 May 2010 13:12:34 +0300
From:      Mike Barnard <mike.barnardq@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   bce+lagg

Hi,

I am testing the implementation of link aggregation on FreeBSD 8.1
PRE-RELEASE and I see to be getting a problem with the bce interface.

I am using an HP DL 380 G6 with 4 Ethernet interfaces.

If I configure the cards individually, I can reach other devices on the
network. When I enable link aggregation, I can ping the hosts IP address,
but I cannot ping its gateway.

my setup is as follows

ifconfig_bce0="up"
ifconfig_bce1="up"
ifconfig_bce2="up"
ifconfig_bce3="up"

cloned_interfaces="lagg0 lagg1"

ifconfig_lagg0="laggproto failover laggport bce0 laggport bce2"
ifconfig_lagg1="laggproto failover laggport bce0 laggport bce2"
ipv4_addrs_lagg0="10.100.100.27/32"
ipv4_addrs_lagg1="192.168.0.12/32"

defaultrouter="10.100.100.1"
static_routes="management"
route_management="-net 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.0.1"

running /etc/netstat gives me "host is unreachable". If I manually enter the
default route, I get the same error. If i disable lagg1, I get the same
error when I run /etc/netstat or try to enter the route manually, but, when
I try to ping the default gateway, I get "device is busy" With lagg0 and
lagg1 up, if I try to ping any of the gateways, I get "no route to host",
but with only the lagg0 interface I get "device is busy"

Is this a problem with the bce Interface or am I missing something.

PS: I have an implementation running FreeBSD 8.0 RELEASE with fxp interfaces
and its working fine.

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.