Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 1997 15:09:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ron Echeverri <rone@bofh.noc.best.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSUP vs. SNAPS

Rodney W. Grimes writes:
  > >How about the fact that a 2.2.2 release occured, but somthing built
  > >from the bits on the 2.2.0 branch report via uname that they are
  > >2.2-STABLE.  That is going down!
  >    No, "2.2" refers to the branch, not to a release. I think we make that
  > pretty clear.
  David, perhaps you should try and figure out just what OS I am running:
  Orbit:root {104}# uname -a
  FreeBSD Orbit.qcsn.com 2.2-STABLE FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE #2: Fri Sep 19 13:56:36 PDT 1997     root@Orbit.aac.dev.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/ORBIT  i386

  Now you tell me, is that before or after 2.2.2???

If you're running -stable, you're supposed to be tracking -stable.  If
you aren't, it's your own fault.

rone
--
Ron Echeverri		<URL:http://www.ennui.org/~rone/>;	<rone@best.net>
Systems/Usenet Administration			  "This is _my_ ISP, _i_ do the