Date:      Sat, 18 Jan 2003 19:31:34 -0600
From:      Doug Poland <doug@polands.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to read core dump

Hello,

I am attempting to run MySQL Control Center (also known as MySQLCC) on
FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE.  FYI, is a platform-independent GUI administration
client for the MySQL database server.  The binary version I downloaded
from MySQL.com is for Linux glibc 2.2.

My system is running linux_base-7.1_2.  When I execute the mysqlcc
command, it immediately dumps core.  Curiously, it runs fine on
another 4.7-STABLE box "similarly" configured.

After doc perusal and googling, I haven't found out how to read a core
dump.  I suppose if I knew how to read them I could "easily" determine
where the program died.  Is this an accurate statement?  Is there
another way to find out why a program dumps core?

Thanks for your help!

--
Regards,
Doug