Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 13:46:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      zac speidel <pepsikid83@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Question on NetBSD install.

      Sorry for directing a 'NetBSD question' to this
group. Im sure I will get plenty of complaints about
it. But, however, I could not find any netbsd groups.
I dont know if they even exist.

Ok, Here is my problem...

 I ordered a netbsd 1.4 cd off of cheapbytes.com, made
2 installation disk's. One named boot1.fs and the
other boot2.fs. I followed all instructions in the
INSTALL.txt that was included on the cdrom but I keep
getting the error,

booting fd0a: netbsd - starting in 0
1544192+169544read data: Input/output error
boot: fd0a: netbsd: Input/output error
booting fd0a:netbsd.gz

Please remove disk 1, insert disk 2, and type
return...
open netbsd.gz: No such file or directory
boot: fd0a: netbsd.gz: No such file or directory

It lists other .gz extentions as well.

(The Disks I put the .fs files on are formated, and
were checked for bad blocks.)

For anyone that can help me solve this problem. I am
offering a 6 million dollar reward. Ok, not really.
But if you can please email me back at
'pepsikid83@yahoo.com'and give me some idea's,
suggestions etc.. on what I should do..

Thanks, and have a great day.
-Zac Speidel
Please email me back, I am not currently on this list.

=]