Date:      Mon, 20 May 1996 15:42:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        archie@whistle.com, terry@lambert.org, dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu, clintm@ICSI.Net, FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org, bmah@cs.berkeley.edu
Subject:   Re: ip masquerading

Terry Lambert writes:

> > So as far as the Internet, the IETF, the protocol police, and everybody
> > else is concerned, there's only a single host at this site and it's
> > obeying all the rules! If you disagree, then the burden of proof is on
> > you to quote the relevant RFC's.
>
> Actually, the burden is on someone who wants a proxy facility to
> write one, and if they choose to go the long way around and go
> with "masquerading", to get it integrated.

That's a different burden from the one I was talking about, but OK :-)

I'll say it again, I'm not interested in getting this stuff into
the kernel any more than you are. I'm just saying that it is something
that some people out there would really like to do, and if it could
be facilitated somehow, those people would be very grateful.

-Archie

Archie L. Cobbs, archie@whistle.com  *  Whistle Communications Corporation