Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 00:34:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe <eviljoe@earthlink.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Errors compiling KDE2 ports, 4.1.1 and thoughts

I tried to make /usr/ports/x11/kde2 which seemed to progress quite a ways
but then died with some cryptic error on the koffice files.  I did a
little digging and it appears to me that the configure script is not set
up to find qt, or jpeg-6b (possibly others) correctly.

For example, I can get the koffice configure to find qt but I had to do
two things:

./configure --with-qt-includes=/usr/X11R6/include/qt2
--with-qt-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib

and

ln -s /usr/X11R6/include/qt2 /usr/X11R6/include/qt

(assuming no typos - sorry it's late).

It still does not find jpeg-6b which on my system seems to install only as
"jpeg" where the configure script is looking for "jpeg6b".

Am I nuts?  I'd like to try out KDE2 but clearly I need to get this
reconciled first.  I'm not good with autoconf so any help would be
appreciated.

Also, is KDE2 is looking at the qt library, which I assume is
qt 1.something, and it should be looking at qt2????

Just FYI:

~ 473 $ uname -a
FreeBSD flanders.localdomain 4.1.1-STABLE FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE #13: Sun
Oct 29 21:03:17 EST 2000

Thanks for any help you can give.