Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2018 20:06:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Xihong Yin <xyin@gmx.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   xorg problem after 'pkg autoremove'

After I installed a few packages and then ran 'pkg autoremove', the display shows scrambled images. It looks like  the pixels are messed up in a way that the image is distorted. I know the video card is good because I have another operation system installed on the same machine and that works fine. The Xorg installation might be corrupted. I tried reinstalling Xorg using 'pkg delete xorg' and 'pkg install xorg' but that did not help. It could also be caused by installing the new packages. Do you have any suggestions? My system is 11.1.

Thanks in advance!
Xihong