Date:      Wed, 05 Oct 2011 15:26:10 +1030
From:      Wayne Sierke <ws@au.dyndns.ws>
To:        Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LibreOffice Writer crashes when accessing the fonts pull down list

On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 09:41 +0200, Leslie Jensen wrote:
> Hi List
>
> I've got a problem with the above.
>
> I've not made any changes other than updated the ports when so is needed.
>
> If I do the setting/change of the font via the menu, I can get what I
> want. But if I pull down the fonts list and start scrolling, Writer will
> crash.

I just replaced openoffice with libreoffice and I see similar behaviour.
Simply opening the drop-down font list instigates the segfault or crash
- I've seen instances both where a segmentation fault is reported and
core dumped, and where the application exits silently.

Changing the font via the menus or typing in the font name text box
doesn't instigate the crash.

It also crashes when the menu "Tools->Language->For all Text->More..."
is accessed, but not for either of the "For Selection->More..." or "For
Paragraph->More..." menus.

# make showconfig
===> The following configuration options are available for
libreoffice-3.4.3_1:
     WEBDAV=off "Support webdav protocol"
     KDE4=off "With Qt4/KDE4 vclplug support"
     GTK=on "With GTK vclplug support"
     GNOME=on "Better integration in gnome environnement"
     JAVA=off "Add Java support (XML Filters, macros)"
     PYUNO=off "Allow to script libreoffice in python"
     SYSTRAY=off "Enable systemtry quickstarter"
     MMEDIA=off "Enable multimedia backend for impress"
     SDK=off "Build with SDK"
     DEBUG=off "Build with debug symbols and verbose output"
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
# uname -rms
FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE i386

> PS: I could only find a list for freebsd-openoffice when I wanted to
> post this. So I choose the questions list instead.

The freebsd-openoffice@ list was closed recently, and freebsd-office@ is
now the common list for "office" applications.

Wayne