Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:25:13 -0500
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        "Jon Krause" <data2@cablespeed.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: anyone using Putty and ssh-agent?

On 13 Jan 2005 at 8:29, Jon Krause wrote:

> From: "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
> Subject: anyone using Putty and ssh-agent?
>

> : I'm trying to get putty and ssh-agent working under 5.3-stable.
> : Anyone succeeded?
> :
> : I have plain ssh working with ssh-agent, but not putty. The issue is
> : just putty, not ssh-agent.

> What version of Putty are you using?
> There are know issues with ssh2 on earlier versions of Putty.
> Try Putty Release 0.56

It is Putty 0.56.

And I have solved the issue.  I was getting prompted for my user
name.  I assumed that indicated ssh-agent was not working.  I entered
my user name, and I'm logged in.

I went to the configuration items and set "Auto-login username" to
'dan'.  Now when I run putty, all I need to do is specify the
hostname, and I'm logged in.

[for those trying to find out how to do this, the hosts I logged into
already have my public ssh key in their ~/.ssh/authorized_keys2 file]

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/