Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2011 11:52:16 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>
To:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@missouri.edu>, Jason Hsu <jhsu802701@jasonhsu.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best way to switch from Linux to BSD

--On March 29, 2011 8:25:11 AM -0500 Stephen Montgomery-Smith
<stephen@missouri.edu> wrote:

> But the desktop experience of Ubuntu is so easy, and it works so much
> "out of the box" that I am switching to Ubuntu for a lot of my everyday
> desktop needs.

Not to belabor the point, but this is precisely why I switched from FreeBSD
to Mac for my desktop.  For a desktop OS I need something unix-like but
with good graphics and all the capabilities of flash, movies, etc., etc.
That can be done on FreeBSD, but it takes some work.

I work on servers.  I don't want to work on my desktop.  All my servers are
FreeBSD.

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst