Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2002 15:00:45 -0500
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@uchicago.edu>
To:        <doug@safeport.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kde

On Friday 07 June 2002 01:50 pm, doug@safeport.com wrote:
> From the system I am currently using (so I am pretty sure it works ;)
>
> /etc/ttys:
> --------------
> ttyv8   "/usr/X11R6/bin/xdm -nodaemon"  xterm   off secure
>
> $HOME/.xsession  (-rwx------)
> --------------
> /usr/bin/ssh-agent /usr/local/bin/startkde
>
> You do not need the /usr/bin/ssh-agent, I hate to type passwords
>

> There are a lot of ways to mix and match the ".x" files and to start the
various
> windows managers. This has worked for me.

I'm very surprised at this - it looks like you're using the default /etc/ttys?
With ttyv8 turned off?  And yet you still get a graphical login prompt when
you boot?

This setup doesn't work for me (tried it exactly as you have, permissions and
everything, but without ssh-agent).  Thanks for trying to help, though.

-David

--
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand...

Astronomy and Astrophysics Center
The University of Chicago