Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2000 01:38:29 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: openssl in -current

In message <20000220132647.H14682@dragon.nuxi.com> "David O'Brien" writes:
: On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 08:34:42PM -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
: >
: > 1. They're in Canada
:
: What does that buy them?  They have the same restrictions on rsaref since
: it originated from the USA.

They don't use rsaref.

: > 2. What they do appears to be kind of icky, e.g. it requires more
: >    "hand work" than I think the average FreeBSD user would be willing
: >    to accept
:
: By handwork you man building, or installing?  When I put OpenBSD 2.6 on
: my sparc5, I did a normal install and then ftp'ed down the proper
: ssl-base package.  Then a simple pkg_add.  Since OpenBSD does not have
: our ``pkg_add -r'' functionalitiy, it wasn't as simple as we could make
: it.

First make build will erase that, at least that's what it appears to
me.  When I built OpenBSD/arc I had to create special extra bits in my
tree before I could build an un castrated ssh.

Warner