Date:      Sat, 09 Dec 2000 07:48:53 -0800
From:      Jeffrey Adzima <jeff@lasrlink.com>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Harware spec .. opinions sought

I'd recommend the Abit motherboard over the Asus. I've been building the
Athlon commercially for almost two years now and I've had too many failures
with the Asus, plus there's a known bug about a crazy alarm on the Asus
(check out their site for more details, check the message threads on their
suport pages) that is causing lots of grief. Plus I'd go with the Guillimot
card, for no other reason than I'm just a little skittish about Asus