Date:      Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:12:03 -0500
From:      Gerard Samuel <fbsd-questions@trini0.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: php4...

On Sunday 30 November 2003 08:29 pm, Gary Kline wrote:
> 	Yipes!  No wonder no FUD port has been done! ....
>
> 	I have a one-line php test file in /usr/local/www/data/hello.php;
> 	*with* mod_php4, several pages of system data shows up, but
> 	with only php4, I have the option to Download or Cancell.
> 	This is using lynx.
>
> 	With mod_php4 and pointing mozilla at
> 	localhost/~kline/FUDforum2/install.php a frame pops up and asks
> 	what I want to do with the file.  If I "download", the installation
> 	file winds up in ~kline.

Im guessing its Apache.
You should have these entries in /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf and if not,
enter them and restart apache ->

LoadModule php4_module        libexec/apache/libphp4.so

AddModule mod_php4.c

<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    <IfModule mod_php3.c>
        <IfModule mod_php4.c>
            DirectoryIndex index.php index.php3 index.html index.htm
        </IfModule>
        <IfModule !mod_php4.c>
            DirectoryIndex index.php3 index.html
        </IfModule>
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule !mod_php3.c>
        <IfModule mod_php4.c>
            DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
        </IfModule>
        <IfModule !mod_php4.c>
            DirectoryIndex index.html
        </IfModule>
    </IfModule>
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_php3.c>
    AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
    AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .php3s
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_php4.c>
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
</IfModule>