Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:23:16 +1030
From:      Adam Smith <adam@internode.com.au>
To:        Marty Landman <MLandman@face2interface.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IRC recommendation?

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 08:00:52PM -0500, Marty Landman said:
> I'm looking for a free chat application that will work for my office
> network. Have 'nix and windoz machines running.

If you are just looking for a way to get your inter-office staff to
communicate, I would recommend a Jabber server over an IRC-style network.
You can then have an instant-message program like Gaim or Psi connect to it
(Windows and BSD versions both available) people can easily message each
other.  You can also join chat rooms when you need to conference.

http://www.jabber.org/.

--
Adam Smith
Internode       : http://www.internode.on.net

Dog for sale: Eats lots and is fond of children.