Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 2009 15:02:43 +0300
From:      George Mamalakis <mamalos@eng.auth.gr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Base system's Heimdal with Openldap support?

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a way to build fbsd's basesystem heimdal
with openldap support. I saw that /usr/src/kerberos5/Makefile.inc has a
section starting with .if defined(WITH_OPENLDAP), so I built the world
with the flag -DWITH_OPENLDAP. What I managed was to link the kdc binary
with my system's openldap libraries, but no openldap code was compiled
in the binary. ( kdc --builtin-hdb didn't return ldap)

How could I achieve this with the base system's heimdal, without
*hacking* the /usr/src/crypt/heimdal/configure* files? (the port's
heimdal distribution gets configured with openldap backend)

In case I have sent this question in the wrong list, please somebody
inform me so.

Thank you all in advance.

--
George Mamalakis

IT Officer
Electrical and Computer Engineer (Aristotle Un. of Thessaloniki),
MSc (Imperial College of London)

Faculty of Engineering
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki

phone number : +30 (2310) 994379