Date:      Thu, 05 Mar 1998 13:06:05 GMT
From:      jak@cetlink.net (John Kelly)
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Donations.

On Thu, 05 Mar 1998 02:24:18 -0800, "Jordan K. Hubbard"
<jkh@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:

>[ return to sanity and redirect to -chat ]
>
>> Quite frankly, I don't think we would be able to spend more than about
>> $1M/y efficiently.  Anything above that would get us a lot less bang/buck.
>> And even $1M may be too high for our ability.
>
>If I had $10M/yr, I'd simply spend $2M/yr on R&D, put $2M in the bank
>for a rainy day and give the rest to an independent marketing firm for
>promotional expenses. :-)
>
>					Jordan

This is part of the problem I'm addressing.  The donors won't see eye
to eye with your ideas of business and financial management.  They
will expect to retain control of the funding and how it's allocated.

And frankly, Jordan, your rudeness, hostility, and anger toward those
who don't agree with you indicates an unsuitability for the task.

--
Browser war over, Mozilla now free.