Date:      Sun, 6 Jun 1999 21:10:21 -0400
From:      "Dave Andrzejewski" <awyeah@apk.net>
To:        "Matt Behrens" <matt@zigg.com>, "Craig Burgess" <craig-burgess@home.net>
Cc:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Reboot during make world

These types of things can really be indicative of other hardware problems as
well.  For example, this happened to one of my systems, and then about a
week later, the BIOS reported a memory problem.  I replaced the RAM and it
was fine.

Another one of my machines has done this.  The last time I tried to make
world, it rebooted and came back up (luckily)... I haven't been able to get
to where it is located since then, so I don't know what the problem is.
(The system runs fine otherwise - before that it had an 85 day uptime).

Check all your hardware, and make sure it is good.  Try booting the system
with minimal hardware.  Try replacing the RAM (even if temporarily).  Try
swapping out other components, including the motherboard and CPU (only if
you know what you're doing though!) Make sure your system is being kept
cool.

Dave

 Dave Andrzejewski                       http://awyeah.yourworks.com
 E-Mail: awyeah@apk.net                     http://www.yourworks.com
 AOL/Instant Messager: Seckzy Boi     ICQ: 556410      Whois: DA6239
 awyeah@IRC  -  IRC Operator on DALnet -  /server sodre.dal.net 7000
    Trains stop at a train station. Busses stop at a bus station.
                    What stops at a workstation?