Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:21:23 +0100
From:      "Dampure, Pierre Y." <pierre.dampure@alveley.org>
To:        Thomas Stromberg <tstromberg@rtci.com>
Cc:        Stephan van Beerschoten <stephanb@whacky.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mtree -L problems in ports

Thomas Stromberg wrote:

> It's probably been fixed by now, but what I did when I first had the
> mtree
> problem was set NO_MTREE in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk - Not sure of the
> side
> affects though (anyone care to enligtnen me?)
>
> Im sure there is a more elegant solution, I was just looking for a
> quicky.

It is not fixed. Th current version of /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.ports.mk still
has an OS version test to determine whether to use the -L flag --
committed by Satoshi Asami after the initial "no -L, now -L" move. The
move was later backed out, but not this change.

The whole issue of mtree behaviour has been discussed ad nauseam on
cvs-all. Up until a concensus is reached, it's most probably easier to
locally override MTREE_ARGS.

Regards,

PYD