Date:      Sat, 9 May 1998 07:26:10 EDT
From:      CharIesFox <CharIesFox@aol.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   help me!

I find that the install program for this FreeBSD 2.2.6 is boogling my mind.
first let me say I started off by spliting up my windows 95 partitioned area
into two part's one part is 794 megs (The Windows and all the other programs
from C:\), while the other part is 1054 megs now that's way way larger then I
need for this linux platform and therefor i'm wasting huge amount's of memory
on the now standard drive. Second I installed FreeBSD 2.2.6 once from the disc
which had problems such as the xwindows wont set up properly on any setting
(which to my utmost disappointment makes me incredible sad) , So I deleted
that partition and then used fdisk.exe to partition an Extended DOS Partition
then installed useing Setup.exe to install to a dos partition but I have no
idea how to run the system. Every time I reboot and use the boot disk it takes
into the install program for installing it to yet another partition, at this
point I just wanna recombine my partition's and forget this ever was
attempted. I Believe your product is great I believe the Xwindows and windows
manger's makes it awsome and easy to use, but none of these things will work
on my computer therefor I have no way to use your product so please help me in
fixing the mess it has made.

p.s. this was writen at 3:05am by a tried and frankly frustrated person so
please excuse mispelling or miscapitialization.