Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:22:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Mohsin AbdulRahman" <mtech@buffnet.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   [Fwd: Re: ATAPI Zip Drive. Please Help!]

I'm running 3.5-STABLE, and have the Zip Drive working fine:

wdc0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7 irq 14 on isa
wdc0: unit 0 (wd0): <ST36540A>
wd0: 6204MB (12706470 sectors), 13446 cyls, 15 heads, 63 S/T, 512 B/S
wdc0: unit 1 (wd1): <FUJITSU M1638TAU>
wd1: 2452MB (5021856 sectors), 4982 cyls, 16 heads, 63 S/T, 512 B/S wdc1
at 0x170-0x177 irq 15 on isa
wdc1: unit 1 (wd3): <IOMEGA  ZIP 100>
wd3: 96MB (196608 sectors), 512 cyls, 12 heads, 32 S/T, 512 B/S
wdc1: unit 0 (atapi): <SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-604/FT10>, removable, accel,
dma, iordis

My /etc/fstab:

# Device    Mountpoint     FStype     Options         Dump     Pass#
/dev/wd1s1b none           swap       sw              0        0
/dev/wd1s1a /              ufs        rw              1        1
/dev/wd1s1f /usr           ufs        rw              2        2
/dev/wd1s1e /var           ufs        rw              2        2
/dev/wcd0c  /cdrom         cd9660     ro,noauto       0        0
/dev/wd3s1  /zip           msdos      ro,noauto       2        2
proc        /proc          procfs     rw              0        0

Sorry if the output is all over the screen.

You might need to cd /dev and do "sh MAKEDEV afd0s" and then trying the
/dev/afd0s1 thru s4. I dont know.. I dont run 4.6 with a zip drive so I
cant give ya an exact device.

Good Luck!

Mohsin AbdulRahman
mtech@buffnet.net

Brian M. Kincaid said:

> Hi,
>
> 1) Google search "iomega zip freebsd"
> 2) pick "SCSI Iomega ZIP drives under FreeBSD" link
> 3) read page
> 4) use "slice 4" as indicated
>
> Good luck,
>
> Brian
>

> In message <20021024035723.2385a337.bryanc2000@insightbb.com>, Bryan
> Cassidy wr ites:
>>OK This is really annoying.. I know I've already asked this questions
>>before but got nothing and really want to get this working so maybe
>>someone could help me out here. I am trying to mount my zip drive in
>>FreeBSD 4.6.2 I am having NO luck what so ever. Here is the output from
>>dmesg about my Zip Drive
>>
>>afd0: 239MB <IOMEGA ZIP 250 ATAPI> [239/64/32] at ata1-slave PIO3
>>
>>I have tried almost everything I can think of off the top of my head to
>>mount this damn thing but get this error everytime
>>
>>mount_msdos: /dev/afd0: Invalid argument
>>
>>YES! I have tried /dev/afd0a b c d e f and so on. I get
>>nothing.lol. Well, maybe someone wouldn't mind helping me out here
>>cause so far this is the only hardware problem I am having.

>>E-Mail: Bryan Cassidy <bryanc2000@insightbb.com>
>>Gaim: bsdsys
>>Yahoo Messenger: bsdsys
>>
>>		~~~~~~~~~~~~ Screenshot ~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>    	    http://deskmod.org/?state=view&skin_id=18160
>>

>>I have put alot of time in setting up my mail filters. Please do not
>>simply Reply-To: Bryan Cassidy <bryanc2000@insightbb.com> unless stated
>>to do so. Please reply to my e-mails using the appropriate mailing
>>lists.

>>with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
>
> --
> Brian M. Kincaid
> PGP Key:
> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x33656401