Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:00:07 -0400
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <bmcgover@bmcgover-pc.cisco.com>
To:        Chris Coleman <chrisc@daemonnews.org>
Cc:        "Brian J. McGovern" <bmcgover@bmcgover-pc.cisco.com>, qa@FreeBSD.ORG, re@FreeBSD.ORG, bmcgover@bmcgover-pc.cisco.com
Subject:   Re: problem with 4.7 iso (fwd)

 > I tested them on a Pentium 133 and a Dual Athlon 1500+.  Maybe it's a
 > problem on older machines?

My mix is AMD Athlons (1Ghz, 1.2, 1.4, and XP1800+s) and Intel (P4s). Oh,
and my IBM T20, which, frankly, is as finicky as a 386 with a pre-ATAPI
CD rom ;)

I could try booting it on my Sparc Ultra 5, but I expect I know the results ;)

How "old" of a system to you want? I may be able to dig up a 486/33 tomorrow
AM for testing, but honestly, I expect it'll boot if the CD is good, and
theres more than 16MB of rAM.

	-Brian