Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 1997 10:13:56 +0800 (PHT)
From:      Francis Vidal <francis@cody.usls.edu>
To:        "Eric M. Johnston" <ejohnst@green.mail.postal.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: can't telnet to linux host

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997, Eric M. Johnston wrote:

> Linux may be rejecting your term type of cons25.  Try either setenv TERM
> vt100 or telnet from an xterm.  Another alternative is just to use rlogin,
> which doesn't seem to have the strict limitations on term that telnet
> does.
>
> One other thing you might want to do is add cons25 to your Linux termcap.
> On my RedHat system, I think I just added cons25 as another name for
> scoansi and it seemed to work OK.  This doesn't fix the telnet problem,
> but makes the terminal much nicer if you're rlogging in.

that explains why... thanks! hmmm... why does FreeBSD have cons25 while
linux machines do not? (by default; out of the box). i wonder why they
never made the /etc/termcap into a standard package.

i kinda like the cursors behave in linux -- how do i do that in FreeBSD?

--- FRANCIS VIDAL, USLSnet, University of St. La Salle, Bacolod City, PH
    P G P key available at -- ftp://ftp.usls.edu/pub/pgpkeys/francis.pgp