Date:      Sat, 27 May 2000 00:07:48 -0500
From:      "gh" <grasshacker@linkfast.net>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>, <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Why encourage stupid people to use *BSD WAS:Re: IE  forFreeBSDPetition

> My thoughts during this discussion should never be construed as a request
> to dumb down the OS.

I think it is safe now to say that we all essentially agree.
``We'' being the FreeBSD userbase, developers, everybody.

-We should welcome *all* to the FreeBSD world.
-We should *not* lower our expectations to benefit the majority (ie:
clueless majority)
-We should do what we can to help those new to FreeBSD.
-We should absolutely *not* dumb down the OS.
  We could, however, provide assistance, in, perhaps, more friendly terms(?)
-We should at all times maintain an attitude of friendly, helpful,
snobbiness. ;-))

Eh?
Perhaps said more eloquently, but that's pretty much the gist of it, no?

Dan

My main, I suppose one could call it so, fear was that the OS is becoming
`dumbed down' to benefit those lacking clues.