Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 2003 17:01:18 -0800
From:      Doug Silver <dsilver@urchin.com>
To:        mit@dreamlabs.com, <rgraf@free.fr>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: yet another mod_php4 problem :-(

I finally got it to build yesterday, but I made symlinks from=20
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so and /usr/lib/libssl.so to /usr/local/lib to force i=
t to=20
grab the openssl ports version.  Otherwise it was linking them both in!=20
# pkg_info | egrep "ssl|_php|cclient"
apache+mod_ssl-1.3.27+2.8.12 The Apache 1.3 webserver with SSL/TLS=20
functionality
cclient-2002,1      Mark Crispin's C-client mail access routines
mod_php4-4.3.1      PHP4 module for Apache
openssl-0.9.7a      SSL and crypto library

I am also using a patch in /usr/ports/Mk/ to force it to recognize the OP=
ENSSL=20
variables.  Not sure if that will solve your problem, but see what ldd sh=
ows=20
you for the libphp.so and perhaps that will show you what's wrong.

-doug