Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:41:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      IAccounts <iaccounts@northnetworks.ca>
To:        Lee_Shackelford@dot.ca.gov
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Do sorted messages exist?

> On Tuesday, I subscribed to the e-mail version of freebsd-questions.
> Because it generated messages at the rate of about two per minute all day
> long, and I received them on my employer's computer, and just the amount of
> time it took to delete the messages was interfering with my productivity, I
> had to unsubscribe on Wednesday.  I was fascinated by the messages as I am
> a newbie still trying to get my BSD system going and many of them pertained
> to issues that I expect to face.  I may be in fantasy-land, but I will ask
> this question anyway.  Is there any version of freebsd-questions in which
> the traffic is sorted by topic, and in which the recipient can pull onto
> his screen only those messages on the topic of interest?  Kudos to any
> person who takes the time to read any significant portion of the messages,
> and especially many thanks to those kind soles who actually take the time
> to respond.  Both of the questions that I posted in the past did receive a
> response.  Thank you.

I use pine to read all of my mail. I have an account that handles about 6
mailing lists, each of which filtered into it's own folder.

Usually while at work, I let the messages build up, then when I get a
minute, I go through all of the folders and sort by thread. I then delete
the threads I don't want, and read the rest of the messages one by one.

I find with pine I can manoever and manipulate through several mail
accounts by using the shortcut keys 5 times faster than any gui based
email client.

Steve