Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 2000 02:42:51 +0000
From:      "Brian K . Walters" <bkwalters@lucent.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lynx forbidden

On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 10:38:44AM -0600, Alan Clegg wrote:
> Out of the ether, Benjamin Lutz spewed forth the following bitstream:
> > Well, I still have a question though: Why was Lynx marked "forbidden"
> > at all, leading to misunderstandings? Or the standard unix user
> > expected to be able to do this basic kind of "hacking"?
>
> The lynx port is marked forbidden due to security problems.
>
> There is no misunderstanding.
>
> If you want to open yourself (and your users) up to buffer overflows in
> the code, you are more than welcome.
>
> AlanC

In light of that is there a recommended replacement for lynx until the security
holes are worked out.  Unfortunately I need something to view html marked up
emails in mutt.  I am replaced linux with freebsd on my home machine and I
would like that same functionality.  What  other programs are out there like
lynx that I could use in my .mailcap file to view html marked emails in mutt?

TIA

--
Brian K. Walters
bkwalters@lucent.com