Date:      Sun, 12 Aug 2001 12:54:10 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Owen <cigam@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Just a server...

> Owen wrote:
>
> Hello,
> First off, I think FreeBSD is great, and free OSs are one of the only
> good things left about computers...
> My question is simple, I've installed FreeBSD 4 or 5 times, each time
> it does not go into the graphical interface that I chose. This is
> fine, but I just need to know what I should do to run/configure the
> apache server which is all I intend the computer to run for. Can I run
> it from this normal text boot?

This is the wrong place to ask such questions. I am copying it to
freebsd-questions and bccing docs so that replies go to questions.

You probably need to do a startx. For example, I use kde-2 and I have an
.xinitrc that looks like the following

coral# m .xinitrc
exec startkde

When I type startx, it invokes kde-2 for my desktop.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA