Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:26:39 +0100
From:      Bruno Afonso <brunomiguel@dequim.ist.utl.pt>
To:        pf4freebsd@freelists.org
Subject:   [pf4freebsd] Re: RELENG_5 and carp patches

Max Laier wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 September 2004 23:22, Bruno Afonso wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I've been trying to play with CARP, by applying the carp patch
>>(20040823-carp.RELENG_5.diff) to RELENG_5. The patch applies cleanly but
>>I can't get it to successfully compile the kernel. I can build world
>>with the patch applied.
>>
>>Any successful stories? :)
>

> There is an issue with building kernels w/o "device carp", but ... I really
> don't have free time for this *right now* ... I will return to it *after*
> 5.3R is done and out. I hope it has been clear that CARP will not be part of
> 5.3R!
>
> Please allow me to hunt down the remaining pf and ALTQ issues now.
>
> I'll return to CARP after the release is done - for sure!

No problem Max. Btw, I've been using pf on a nat box with a huge conf
setup little after it was put in -current without a problem... so it has
to be fairly stable ;-) And I've been using the pf port on production
boxes for a long time too almost flawlessly. Great work!

I simply want to see in which state CARP is, if it's usable and
eventually help you to get it perfect for 5.4 ;)

the only pf/altq bug I personally know of is the one recently reported
on fbsd-current ML.

BA

--
Bruno Afonso