Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 12:34:38 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Larry Stein <LarryS@ami.com>
Cc:        "'hackers@freebsd.org'" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: request for major number

> request for a new reserved major device number for
>      AMI MegaRAC (remote management device)

G'day Larry.

Can we talk a little bit about this device?  For now, go ahead and work
with one of the 'local' major numbers (unless you're ready to release or
commit, in which case we'll set you up with a 'real' one - just let me
know).

Do you have a URL or a whitepaper on the MegaRAC stuff?  I'd really like
to read up on it a bit and get an understanding of what you're doing.

Regards,
Mike Smith
Principal Engineer
FreeBSD Test Labs