Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2017 20:24:48 -0400
From:      Ultima <ultima1252@gmail.com>
To:        David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: freebsd 10.3, pf, and openvpn

I keep looking at the rules and finally decided to rewrite some of them.
This may not fix the issue you are having with openvpn tho. The issue with
that is most likely the passing out rules. This rule is kinda written wierd
and I suggest just removing it and passing everything out and verifying if
that is the cause. The problem is many connections that the host will open
is opened at the high end ports, I believe it was around 40000:65535. I
could be wrong tho and hope someone corrects my errors if so.

> # Pass out only the desired ports from host and jails
> pass inet proto tcp from {self, $jailnet, $vpnnet} to any port
$tcp_services $tcpstate
> pass inet proto udp from {self, $jailnet, $vpnnet} to port $udp_services
$udpstate

If ur still having issues with openvpn, with this ruleset, then first, try
changing the block all rule to block on ext_if. This will determine if a
pass rule internally is the cause.

> block all
block on $ext_if all

Going to CC freebsd-pf@freebsd.org I hope this helps

Ultima

#
# Required order: macros, options, normalization, queueing,
# translation, filtering.
# Note: translation rules are first match while filter rules are last match=
.

# Macros
ext_if=3D"vtnet0"
ext_gateway=3D"10.0.0.1"
int_if =3D "lo1"
vpn_if =3D "tun0"
jailnet =3D "10.0.0.0/8"
vpnnet=3D"10.8.0.0/8"
icmp_types=3D"{echoreq, unreach}"
#IPV6 ICMP types:
# packet to big and echo request type ping
# Neighbor Discovery Protocol (NDP) (types 133-137):
#   Router Solicitation (RS), Router Advertisement (RA)
#   Neighbor Solicitation (NS), Neighbor Advertisement (NA)
#   Route Redirection
icmp6_types=3D"{ 2, 128, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137 }"
#synstate=3D"flags S/SA synproxy state (max-src-conn 15, max-src-conn-rate
5/3, overload <bruteforce> flush global)"
tcpstate=3D"flags S/SA modulate state"
udpstate=3D"keep state"

# allowed traffic
tcp_services=3D"{7, ftp-data, ftp, ssh, smtp, 43, domain, bootps, bootpc,
http, imap, https, submission, imaps, 2703}"
udp_services=3D"{7, ftp-data, ftp, ssh, smtp, 43, domain, bootps, bootpc,
http, ntp, imap, https, submission, imaps, 1194, 3690, 6277, 24441, 4500,
500, 50, 51}"

# Name and IP of jails
webmail=3D"10.0.0.15"
# Name and IP of jailed ssh servers
jssh1=3D"10.0.0.15"
jssh2=3D"10.0.0.16"
jssh3=3D"10.0.0.17"
jssh4=3D"10.0.0.18"
jssh1_tcp=3D"2220"
jssh2_tcp=3D"2221"
jssh3_tcp=3D"2222"
jssh4_tcp=3D"2223"
# The Asterisk Server
asterisk=3D"10.0.0.17"
asterisk_tcp=3D"5060:5061"
asterisk_udp=3D"5060, 10000:10500"
# The vpn server
vpn=3D"10.8.0.1"

# block-policy can be either drop or return
set block-policy drop
set optimization conservative
set skip on lo0

# Normalization
# normalize all incoming traffic. Set ttl 254: limits mapping of hosts
behind
# firewall. Set random-id to help same.
# Set mss to ATM network frame size for easy splitting upstream.
scrub on $ext_if all random-id min-ttl 254 max-mss 1452 reassemble tcp
fragment reassemble

# NAT
nat on $ext_if from $jailnet to any -> ($ext_if) static-port
nat on $ext_if from $vpnnet to any -> ($ext_if)

# Redirect any packets requesting ports 2220, 2221, 2222, or 2223 to jailed
ssh servers
# External redirect & reflect for internal hosts
# Note, the -> $ip port $port is only required for port triggering.
rdr on { $ext_if, $int_if } inet proto tcp to { ($ext_if), ($int_if) } port
{ $jssh1_tcp } tag jssh1 -> $jssh1
rdr on { $ext_if, $int_if } inet proto tcp to { ($ext_if), ($int_if) } port
{ $jssh2_tcp } tag jssh2 -> $jssh2
rdr on { $ext_if, $int_if } inet proto tcp to { ($ext_if), ($int_if) } port
{ $jssh3_tcp } tag jssh3 -> $jssh3
rdr on { $ext_if, $int_if } inet proto tcp to { ($ext_if), ($int_if) } port
{ $jssh4_tcp } tag jssh4 -> $jssh4

# Redirect traffic to the vpn server
# External redirect
rdr on { $ext_if, $int_if } inet proto { tcp, udp } to { ($ext_if),
($int_if) } port 1194 tag vpn -> $vpn

# Redirect traffic to the asterisk server
# SIP on UDP and tcp port 5060, tcp 5061 for secure signaling.
# RTSP ports 10000 to 10500
rdr on $ext_if inet proto udp to any port { $asterisk_udp } tag
asterisk_udp -> $asterisk
rdr on $ext_if inet proto tcp to any port { $asterisk_tcp } tag
asterisk_tcp -> $asterisk

# Tables
table <bruteforce> persist file "/etc/pf/bruteforce"
table <droplasso> persist file "/etc/pf/pf.drop.lasso.conf"
table <fail2ban> persist file "/etc/pf/fail2ban"
table <martians> persist file "/etc/pf/martians"
# The ZeuS blocklist of c&c servers
table <ZeuS> persist file "/etc/pf/ZeuS"
# The malwaredomain ip block list
table <malwaredomain> persist file "/etc/pf/malwaredomain"
# Table of selected country IP addresses
table <blocked_countries> persist file "/etc/pf/blocked_countries"
# Table of apache mod_evasive blocks
table <evasive> persist file "/etc/pf/evasive"

antispoof for { $ext_if, $int_if }

# Start by blocking by default
block all

# Block anything in the blocked_countries table first
block in quick from <blocked_countries>

# Block nmap scans
block in quick on $ext_if inet proto tcp from any to any flags FUP/FUP

# Explicitly block unroutable addresses
block drop in quick on $ext_if from <martians> to any
block drop out quick on $ext_if from any to <martians>

# Explicitly block anything in the bruteforce table
block in quick from <bruteforce>

# Explicitly block anything in the fail2ban table
block in quick from <fail2ban>

# Explicitly block anything in the droplasso table
block in quick from <droplasso>

# Explicitly block anything in the ZeuS table
block in quick from <ZeuS>

# Explicitly block anything in the malwaredomain table
block in quick from <malwaredomain>

# Block anything in the evasive table
block in quick from <evasive>

# allow ping and host unreach
pass inet proto icmp icmp-type $icmp_types keep state

# Traceroute
# allow out the default range for traceroute(8):
  # =E2=80=9Dbase+nhops*nqueries-1=E2=80=9D (33434+64*3-1)
pass inet proto udp to port 33433:33626 # For IPv4

# Pass out only the desired ports from host and jails
pass inet proto tcp from {self, $jailnet, $vpnnet} to any port
$tcp_services $tcpstate
pass inet proto udp from {self, $jailnet, $vpnnet} to port $udp_services
$udpstate

 # Allow ssh connections in from the internet
pass in inet proto tcp from any to ($ext_if) port ssh \
flags S/SA keep state (max-src-conn 15, max-src-conn-rate 5/3, overload
<bruteforce> flush global)
# Pass in ssh traffic to the jails
# pass rules for nat redirect
pass in on $ext_if reply-to ( $ext_if $ext_gateway ) proto tcp tagged jssh1
jssh2 jssh3 jssh4 \
flags S/SA keep state (max-src-conn 15, max-src-conn-rate 5/3, overload
<bruteforce> flush global)
pass in on $int_if inet proto tcp tagged jssh1 jssh2 jssh3 jssh4 flags S/SA
keep state

# Pass traffic to the vpn
pass in on $ext_if reply-to ( $ext_if $ext_gateway ) proto { tcp, udp }
tagged vpn $udpstate
pass in on $int_if inet proto { tcp, udp } tagged vpn $udpstate
pass out on tun0 keep state
#pass quick on tun0 all keep state

# Pass in smtp, http, https, submission, imaps traffic from the internet
pass in inet proto tcp to $ext_if port { 25, 80, 443, 587, 993 } \
flags S/SA keep state (max-src-conn 15, max-src-conn-rate 5/3, overload
<bruteforce> flush global)

# pass traffic from the asterisk server
pass inet proto tcp tagged asterisk_tcp keep state
pass inet proto udp tagged asterisk_udp keep state