Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:26:03 +0300
From:      "Konstantin Dimitrov" <kosio.dimitrov@gmail.com>
To:        "John-Mark Gurney" <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>,  "Anish Mistry" <amistry@am-productions.biz>,  freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DVB-S under FreeBSD

On 9/12/06, John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu> wrote:

> Anish Mistry wrote this message on Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 01:04 -0400:
> > I'm working on the DViCO FusionHDTV 5 USB.  I'm still waiting on the
> > tuner and demodulator docs from DViCO.  Once I have that it shouldn't
>
> Good luck, I haven't gotten anything out of DViCO.. They say they will
> get you the docs but it just never happens...

for SAA7146A-based cards seems that all datasheets are public available, at
least for Skystar1 board, i've managed to collected them in only few
minutes.

> be too long before I release a driver.  Currently with the docs that
> > I have been provided I can upload the firmware, turn on and off the
> > device, and read the remote control buttons.
> > If someone would like to document the lgdt3302 / lgdt3303 ATSC VSB/QAM
> > demodulator and the lg-h06xf tuner from the Linux source that would
> > help since I don't know when I'm going to get that information from
> > DViCO.  And currently I don't have the time to try to understand the
> > Linux sources, though that's probably what I'm going to end up doing.
>
> Just look at the bktrau stuff I have in perforce.. I've posted to this
> list before.. It programs the lgdt3303 and a TUA6034 for tuning...

TUA6034 has public datasheet, here:
http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/T/U/A/6/TUA6034.shtml

On 9/12/06, John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu> wrote:Konstantin
Dimitrov >wrote this message on Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 11:59 +0300:
>> 1) based on Conexant chip like cards from Twinhan and DViCO, because of
the
>> bktr driver, maybe it will be most likely to be supported

>There are two Conexant chips, the old Bt878 based chips, and the newer
>CX2388x based cards...  The ones based on Bt878 are already supported by
>the bktrau driver and capture program that are in perforce...  The CX2388x
>is a different beast, and will require a different driver...  I choose
>not to try to use this as the boards based upon it are more expensive...

>The DViCO HDTVFusion5 Lite cards can be had for <$100...

great work!
sad, in my country there is no DVB-T broadcasts, so i can't use DViCO
HDTVFusion5 Lite card.