Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2007 10:03:00 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?T=E1trai=5FJ=F3zsef?= <tatrai@mail.vhf.hu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   631xESB/632xESB I/O and RAID controller

Hi,

I would like to use an Intel S5000PSL motherboard with four 250GB SATA
HDDs in RAID10. I'v configured and intialized my array in BIOS, and boot
from cd of 6.2-RELEASE.

My problem is that altought the 63XXESB I/O controller recongnized during
boot, the RAID array isn't appear as a device in partition list (ie: no
ar0 device appears, only ad4,6,8,10).

The situation was exactly the same with STABLE and CURRENT also.

I found only one relevant post in the list, but this one is deal with
RAID1 config with two disks, so it isn't sufficent for me. Anyway, it
didn't work with my motherboard...
(http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-hardware/2005-April/002486.html)

My question is that is there any patch or something (ie: planned to
include in a future relase) to solve this problem, or I did something
wrong?

Any help about this topic is appreciated.

Thanks,
Joseph