Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 2000 21:03:19 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@chello.nl>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Subject:   Re: Miata console after 'halt'

On Sat, Jun 03, 2000 at 04:11:54PM -0400, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> Wilko Bulte writes:
>  > I wonder if anybody has ever seen the following:
>  >
>  > Miata MX5 or Miata GL. Both run -current without any problems. Shutdown
>  > FreeBSD.
>  >
>  > Now the SRM console yells for every keystroke: "scancode foo not supported"
>  > or something close to that. Needless to say the (DEC) keyboard works just
>  > fine when FreeBSD is running. A reset is needed to get the SRM to work with
>  > the keyboard again.
>  >
>  > Not critical, but annoying.
>
> Yes, I see this.  It hasn't been very high in my priority list.  FWIW,
> I don't think it happens with an AS200 or an AS600...
>
> Have you seen any keyboard related oddities when running X?  A while
> ago I noticed that if I had Xkbd enabled on my Miata GL at home, I'd
> get a random ` (back-quote) characters appearing about every 500th
> keypress.  Turning putting XkbDisable in my /etc/XF86Config made the
> problem go away -- I assumed it was just a bad keyboard.  (BTW,
> XkbDisable doesn't help the console problem you mention)

I just installed the latest SRM (V7.2-1) for the Miata on my MX5. After a
halt my keyboard now works just dandy, no 'scancode foo' messages anymore.

This SRM is on FW cdrom V5.7.

I'll also give the Miata GL a try. If this all works out like I hope I'll
update HARDWARE.TXT as well.

W/

--
Wilko Bulte  	FreeBSD, the power to serve  	http://www.freebsd.org