Date:               Thu, 9 Mar 1995 17:09:00 +10
From:      "Aaron Elliott." <AARONE@h409-fs3.prahran.swin.edu.au>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:         GZipping the contents of directories...

Hi All..

  I am trying to find a way to gzip a directory tree whilst
  still keeping the files in that directory tree intact so when I
  gunzip them, I get an exact copy of what I had formerly,
  in the same tree...

  Like you can in pkzip etc..

  I can make it so it puts it all in one file, but it doesnt separate
  it into is directories and files.. Its just a lump of files!

  I am running FreeBSD 1.1.5.1

  Please reply direct as I am not a member of the list..

Thank YOU!!

Aaron Elliott, CS&IT.                                     [VK3AJQ]
Swinburne University of Technology, Prahran Campus.
Melbourne Australia.

InterNet: aarone@homer.prahran.swin.edu.au.
FidoNet:  aaron@3:632/370.fidonet.org.
GSM Mobile: +61 41 111 5056