Date:      Sun, 20 Jul 2003 11:31:25 -0500
From:      "Chris" <RacerX@makeworld.com>
To:        "Dan Langille" <danl@freebsddiary.org>, <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: The FreeBSD Diary: 2003-06-22 - 2003-07-12

As great as the Diary is, and I love it too - I am wondering. Since The
Diary has ads, and if The Diary makes money with these ads, does it make it
on how many users go to The Diary? If so - I wonder if it's proper to Spam
this list in such a manor as to get users to go there. Should this be
cleared up? Is there an existing policy on such an instance?

To me - I don't think that is the proper thing to do. As I said, I love The
Diary, but I don't think it is proper to Spam the lists in this manor.

If however, The Diary does not make money on the amount of visitors it
gets - then disregard this posting.

Best regards,
                 Chris

PGP Fingerprint = D976 2575 D0B4 E4B0 45CC AA09 0F93 FF80 C01B C363

PGP Mail encouraged / preferred - keys available on common key servers
       01010010011000010110001101100101011100100101100000000000