Date:      Thu, 1 Nov 2012 20:24:04 -0700
From:      Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
To:        Werner Thie <werner@thieprojects.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BeagleBone SD card problems

On Nov 1, 2012, at 5:09 AM, Werner Thie wrote:

> Hi all
>=20
> just got my fingers wet with a Rev A6 Beaglebone. Being a long time =
user of FreeBSD I found of course Tim Kientzle's project on github. =
Setting up a VM and the building of an image was a nobrainer, mahalo and =
kudos to Tim!
>=20
> When experimentally adding a swap file I encountered the following =
message repeatedly on console:
>=20
> dd if=3D/dev/zero of=3D/usr/swap0 bs=3D1024k count=3D512
>=20
> ti_mmchs0: Error: current cmd NULL, already done?

Don't know for sure that it is a problem, actually.

I think of this message more as a gentle reminder:
Someone needs to study the driver and go through the
hardware docs carefully to figure out whether
this particular case indicates a flaw in the driver or
is just an expected case that can be safely ignored.

While you're in there <grin>, you might look at
what's involved in converting the driver to use DMA
and whether there are any other performance optimizations
we should be trying.

Tim