Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2000 21:50:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Roudier?= <groudier@club-internet.fr>
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: alpha snapshots? (was RE: Alphserver 2100 4/233)

G=E9rard Roudier writes:
 >=20
 > If I didn't miss something important, and modulo hardware erratas I =
donnot
 > know about, I donnot expect the driver to cause more failures on Alp=
ha
 > than on IA32.
 > But you must keep in mind that I donnot have Alpha Hardware and am r=
elying
 > on testers for the checking of my statement about SYM reliability on=
 Alpha
 > (compared to IA 32).
 >=20
 > Regards,
 >   G=E9rard.

G=E9rard,

I've been running an 875 in a UP1000 and I've been running an 810 in
an AlphaServer 2100 4/200.  Both machines have worked very well with
the sym driver.  Each machine has done several buildworlds, etc.  I'm
very happy with the sym driver.

I think I speak for nearly everyone when I say that it is wonderful to=20=

have a well supported driver for the sym family of adapters!=20

Cheers,

Drew