Date:      Mon, 05 Nov 2012 18:32:40 +0200
From:      Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
To:        Howard Goldstein <hg@queue.to>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wine, gcc and clang with CPUTYPE

05.11.2012 17:47, Howard Goldstein wrote:
> Volodymyr, your initial email in this thread regarding clang's being
> stuck on native code generation allowed me to wrap up a week of fighting
> with an updated production box with a weird wine issue - thank you!
>
> FWIW I filed a pr on this.  You've done much more useful legwork towards
> a solution of the problem and I wanted to point it out to everyone how
> helpful it was.  THANK YOU!
>
> The pr is at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=173337

I'm still unsure of my results though. I can't reproduce gcc core dump
anymore. I think it's shadowed by some later fix.

As for wine my results are not complete:

1. Building a world with CPUTYPE=athlon-tbird on a world built with
CPUTYPE=k6 makes wine work.
2. Building a world with CPUTYPE=athlon-tbird on a world built with
CPUTYPE=athlon-xp makes wine fail.

--
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.