Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:28:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Holtor <holtor@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quota Reporting Errors

Hello Everyone,

We seem to be having a strange quota problem on one
of our web hosting servers. Quota is reporting
that a user is over their quota on /usr but they
most certantly are not.

It appears as if the quota file itself for our
/usr partition has gotten corrupted somehow.

If it is removed and then regenerated quota then
reports usage correctly.

The only problem with that is that we'd need to
restore
quotas for hundreds of users which is no easy task.

Has anyone run into this problem? bug? Are there any
simple fixes?

TIA

Holt