Date:      Thu, 27 May 2004 17:09:33 +0200
From:      Andre Bonhote <freebsd-stable@problemlos.ch>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Boot Process: Waits for [yn]

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

Hi!

Maybe this is kind a newbie question, but I had to run home today
because my box didn't reboot properly.

Thing is: During the boot process, right after the various network
interfaces come up, the system waits with a prompt saying:

Are you sure? [yn]

Boom. Of course, I can't hit y<CR> remotely without a console. And as
it's my firewall behaving like this, it makes things even worse. As
well, there's normally neither screen nor keyboard attached.

I can't remember that this happened during the last reboot, some 90 days
ago. In the meantime, I did some few "cvsup portage" and portupgrade,
but no new kernel or something fancy. As well, I "make install"'ed
openvpn, but I didn't install the startup script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d

To troubleshoot, I first tried to find the silly string somewhere in
/etc and /usr/local/etc. Of course, it didn't match anything. Next, I
removed all my startup scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d. Didn't work
either. Next, I tried to find the line in /etc/rc.network - without
success.

Any hints? I googled already, but it's quite hard to find something
appropriate. In any case, I don't think it's good to ask for user input
in the boot process :-/

That's the uname -a thing:

FreeBSD cow.home.bonhote.org 4.9-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p3

I'd be really happy to get ideas.

Thanks a lot & HAND

Andr=E9
--=20
"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There
are known unkowns. That is to say, there are things we know we don't
know. But, there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't
know we don't know." (D. Rumsfeld)

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF--