Date:      Fri, 01 Dec 2000 11:20:29 -0800
From:      bruno schwander <bschwand@dvart.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cyrus and qmail

Hello everybody,
some email questions...

I have been successfully running cyrus with sendmail for a year now, and
on another config on freebsd 3.4, cyrus and qmail has been very smooth
for me. Now, I am moving to a newer machine, with freebsd 4.2.

I am trying to get qmail and cyrus from the ports to work. I am mostly
successful but a few things are bugging me:

I use pwcheck to authenticate imap users, so I set
"sasl_pwcheck_method=pwcheck" in my imapd.conf. This works fine.
However, for every login, I get a message in the logs saying "unable to
open /usr/local/imap/sasldb" (or pretty close, I don't have access to
the actual logs now)
Why is it trying to open the sasldb file when I specified to use pwcheck
? (and it does use it since logins work)
I don't want my log to fill up with bogus messages and this does not
seem very good anyway.
Anybody hit this ? I built cyrus with all the options (sasl,db and
mysql) just in case I want to use one of those eventually.

The other problem I am having is with qmail. It seems to be working fine
too, but for every message delivered, a message shows in the log  saying
that "****_free() : pointer to high to be meaningful" . Again I don't
have access to the exact message, I will post it if necessary.

Anybody seen something similar ?

Also, the doc for cyrus is very lacking, anybody has good pointers on
doc for setting up authentication, etc ?

Thanks for any help

bruno