Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 16:10:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Christopher Sedore <cmsedore@mailbox.syr.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   aio_suspend()

I'm curious if anyone has investigated allowing aio_suspend to return upon
the completion of any outstanding io request.  I'd like to see aio_suspend
accept a single element array of pointers to aiocb's where the element
value is NULL.  By adding a little glue, aio_suspend could simply tsleep
as now and then stick the pointer to the completed aiocb into the
(previously NULL) single element array when awoken, and then return.

This would (optionally) end the polling of all the specified aiocb's, and
would allow a more "fire and forget" type of async IO while remaining
compatible with the current behavior.

(I may be shooting myself in the foot to mention it, but this would allow
a behavior similar to NT's GetQueuedCompletionStatus)

-Chris