Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:36:02 +0100
From:      Christian Brueffer <brueffer@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@ironport.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: tokenring users?

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 01:23:57AM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> Andre Oppermann wrote:
> >Julian Elischer wrote:
> >>One of the things that are making things hard for network testing is=20
> >>the question
> >>"what to do about tokenring support?"
> >>
> >>We seem to have a dearth of tokenring users so we are completely unable
> >>test how changes affect tokenring.
> >>
> >>If anyone here knows anyone whoul could:
> >>1/ help support tokenring
> >>2/ help test tokenring,
> >>
> >>could they get in touch?
> >
> >I guess Token Ring is as dead as it gets.  The last I time ran across
> >someone using it was in 1996 or 1997.  I asked our engineers here (on
> >a customer base of about 1k SME) and got only blank stares.
> >
>=20
> yes I think that may be the case but I saw a bug report
> about it a few years ago..
>=20

The last (afaik) in-tree token-ring driver we had was oltr(4) which has
been removed from HEAD not too long ago.  So the questions is whether
there are companies with custom drivers.

- Christian

--=20
Christian Brueffer	chris@unixpages.org	brueffer@FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd--