Date:      Sun, 30 Nov 1997 15:45:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Paul Traina <pst@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        chuckr@FreeBSD.ORG, asami@FreeBSD.ORG, jseeger@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: octave port

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997, Paul Traina wrote:

> Chuck,
> It looks like octave is installing obsolete versions of libreadline (and
> other stuff) in /usr/local/lib.
>
> Could you fix the port to either use the system readline code or not
> install "misc" shared libraries in /usr/local/lib {readline,history,kpathsea}?
>
> I suspect Octave is unfortunately breaking any ports that require readline 2.1
> functionality (pilot-link).

I'll take a look at it.  JW Eaton won't take realine out (I asked him a
great long time ago to do that).  I just wish you could have asked for
something other than the 2nd largest port out there, it takes more than an
hour to do a test build -- on a very fast machine!

I'll probably have to rename the octave readline.

> Thanks,
>
> Paul

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |