Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:15:35 +0100
From:      beni <beni@brinckman.info>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel options for ipv6 firewall

Hi,

I'm trying to reconfigure and recompile my kernel to use a ipv6 firewall.
So far I added this to the kernel (from http://techie.devnull.cz/ipv6/ipfw2-
ipv6-dummynet/) :

# IPFW2
options         IPFW2
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE      	#enable logging to syslogd(8)
options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD      	#enable transparent proxy support
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100    #limit verbosity
options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT    #allow everything by default

and I tried this also (from http://www.kame.net/~suz/freebsd-ipv6-config-
guide.txt) :

	options IPV6FIREWALL
	#options IPV6FIREWALL_VERBOSE
	#options IPV6FIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100
	#options IPV6FIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
But all I get is an "unknown option" error when I do a make buildkernel.

I've added also this to my /etc/rc.conf :
#IPv6
gateway6_enable="YES"
ipv6_enable="YES"
#ipv6_gateway_enable="YES"
#ipv6_router_enable="YES"
ipv6_network_interfaces="vr0 tun0"

# Enable ip6fw.
ipv6_firewall_enable="YES"
ipv6_firewall_type="client"
# ipv6_firewall_quiet="NO"
ipv6_firewall_quiet="YES" 	# suppress rule display. (By default, it's NO)
ipv6_firewall_logging="YES"	# enable events logging. (By default, it's NO)
ipv6_firewall_flags=""		# Flags passed to ip6fw when type is a "filename"

pf is enabled for ipv4.

So what option(s) do I need to use a ipv6 firewall in my kernel ?
--
Beni.